THIS ITEM IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.
DISCONTINUED BY MANUFACTURER.
Link to replacement item
The following links, images and information
remain available for informational purposes only.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) Alarm Test Kit (1 test per kit)
Test to be certain the CO alarm is properly sensing the existence of carbon
monoxide (CO). The test/reset button on your alarm will tell you that the buzzer
operates, but how do you know for sure if the sensor will actually detect carbon
monoxide gas? For peace of mind, this test kit will let you know for sure. Safe,
fast, reliable and easy to use.
1. Place the alarm and glass ampoule inside the polyethylene bag provided. You
may need to use an extension cord. Allow at least 4 minutes for the alarm to
2. Mash excess air out of the bag. Using the twist tie, make sure that the bag
is sealed securely around the power cord or otherwise.
3. Snap the ampoule inside the bag by grasping both ends and breaking it in the
middle. Be careful not to puncture the plastic bag.
4. The carbon monoxide gas inside the bag should take less than 10 to 20 minutes
to activate the alarm.
5. If the alarm does not sound within 20 minutes, it may not be effective in
detecting carbon monoxide gas.
6. Dispose of the glass ampoule and plastic bag carefully after the test is
NOTE: The test ampoule contains a small amount of
concentrated carbon monoxide gas, but not enough to be dangerous if accidentally
released into room air. Keep out of reach of children.
InspectUSA.com - Distributors of TestKits, Inspection Gear & Safety Equipment.
eMail with suggestions, product inquiries or comments. Thank you.