Model #: MT1
3M Clean Trace Protein Plus Surface Test Swab (MT1) 10 Minute Result
|1-5 ||6-24||25-49||50-99||100+ |
Same as 3M PRO100, except sold individually.|
3M Clean Trace Protein Plus Surface Test Swab (MT1)
Result in exactly 10 minutes. No lab work is required. If it is green it is clean. Disposable 3M protein swabs.
Fast and easy way to check whether cleaning has been carried out to a satisfactory standard by means of protein detection. Everything you need for a result is contained in the compact device. There is no need for an instrument as results are visual.
With the unique swab-click-read format and simple color change technology, this swab test is very easy to use and implement in a busy production environment. The results are semi-quantitative with four possible colors. The faster the test turns purple the higher the level of contamination on a surface. The test detects protein and other reducing agents, considered as a superior hygiene indicator to glucose as more difficult to remove from a surface.
Proven to be one of the fastest and most reliable hygiene tests available!
- Minimal investment – 3M Luminometer is not required.
- Immediate biochemical reaction*.
- Quick and easy to use, just three simple steps.
- No complicated set-up and no lab work requires, subsequently no added fees.
- Result within 10 minutes, with a simple color change.
RECOMMENDATION: set a timer and take a photo of the result at exactly 10 minutes.
- No need to store under refrigerated conditions+.
- Storage Temperature: 36° F to 77° F (2° to 25° C).
NOTE swabs are stable for 14 days when shipped or stored at elevated temperature; for this storage option do not exceed 95°F (35°C).
- Shelf life is at least 12 months from shipment date.
* Indicates presence of the protein (not type).
+ Refrigeration will extend shelf life substantially.
- Place the Clean-Trace tests at room temperature for at least 10 minutes
before use. Grip the sample stick handle and remove the swab from the
device. On dry surfaces use a sterile moisturizer like distilled water,
apply 4 drops to the swab OR apply 4 drops to the surface to be tested.
- Swab the test area. Where practical, swab an area approximately 10 cm by
10 cm and swab the area in one direction and then swab the area in the
opposite direction. Apply pressure on the swab and rotate the
swab as the sample is collected to ensure repeatable and effective sampling.
- Reinsert the sample stick into the device with the handle inserted to
the original position of the unused device. At this point you can either
activate and read immediately, or, if it is more convenient, the Clean-Trace
tests may be labeled and left un-activated for up to four hours before
activation and reading of multiple swabs simultaneously.
- To process the sample, push down firmly on the top of the sample stick
handle. The handle will slide into the device tube and the top of
the handle should be level with the top of the device tube when fully
depressed. Grip the top of the device and shake rapidly side-to-side for at
least five seconds to mix the sample and reagent. The solution
will turn mint green.
- Set a timer for 10 minutes and incubate the swabs at room temperature
and in a vertical position. After the ten minute time period, com pare the
color of the swab and the solution against the color chart on the
Clean-Trace Surface Protein Plus label.
Interpretation of Results
- Green indicates a Pass result - Clean, No further action required.
- Grey indicates a Caution result - Re-rinse.
- Purple indicates a Fail result - Re-clean & Re-test.
- When selecting a test method, it is important to recognize that external
factors such as sampling methods, testing protocols, sample preparation,
handling, and laboratory technique may influence results.
- It is the user's responsibility in selecting any test method to evaluate a
sufficient number of
samples with the appropriate matrices and challenges to satisfy the user that the chosen test method meets the user's criteria.
- It is also the user's responsibility to determent that any test methods and results meet its customers'
and suppliers' requirements.
As with any test method, results obtained from use of this product do not constitute a guarantee of the quality of the matrices
or processes tested.
Protein swab tests indicate the hygiene level after cleaning by detecting residuals of protein which can be left behind after inadequate cleaning. The swabs are assessed after 10 minutes using a color scale and are rated as satisfactory, borderline or unsatisfactory.
Download Instruction Sheet
|Search Category: Hardware > Tools|