Lutron High Resolution microTesla EMF Electro-Magnetic Field Meter with 3
The EMF-823 is designed to provide user a quick, reliable and easy way to
measure electromagnetic field radiation levels around power lines, home
appliances, computers, monitors, transformers, and industrial devices. The EMF-823
EMF meter is a cost effective, hand-held instrument designed and
calibrated to measure electromagnetic field radiation at different
bandwidths down to 50 Hz/60 Hz.
Often used in paranormal investigations as well.
It is recommended to measure for the presence of
EMFs inside and outside of your home and
business regularly. As "hot spots" are detected by the EMF tester,
re-arrangement of the living and working areas is lightly recommended. Always try
your best to avoid long term exposure to strong electromagnetic fields.
- Range /Resolution
- 0.00 to 19.99 microTesla with .01 microTesla resolution.
- 0.0 to 199.9 microTesla with 0.1 microTesla resolution.
- 2000 microTesla with 1 microTesla resolution.
* 1 micro Tesla = 10
- Accuracy (within):
- (96% + 3 d) - 20 micro Tesla range.
- (95% + 3 d) - 200 micro Tesla range.
- (90% + 5 d) - 2000 micro Tesla range.
* accuracy tested
under 50 Hz or 60 Hz.
- Display 13mm (0.5") LCD, 3 1/2 digits.
- Operating Temperature: 32° F to 122° F (0° to 50° C).
NOTE most batteries are not rated for below -4° F or above 125° F.
- Operating Humidity:
- 80% RH maximum (non-condensing) in temperature from 32° F to 95° F (0° to 35° C).
- 90% RH maximum (non-condensing) in temperature from 95° F to
122° F (35° to 50° C).
- Band width 30 Hz to 300 Hz.
- Single axis.
- Over-input Display shows '1'.
- Sampling Time Approx. 0.4 second.
- Power: DC 9 V battery (006P, 6F22).
- Power Current Approx. DC 2 mA.
- Low battery indication.
- Weight: 7.7 ounces (215 g/0.48 LB) including battery.
- Dimensions H.W.D.: 6.4 x 2.7 x 0.9 inches (163 x 68 x 24 mm).
This EMF tester is specifically designed to determine the magnitude of electromagnetic field radiation generated by
power lines, computer's monitor, TV sets, video machinery and many other similar devices.
CAUTION: ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELD EXPOSURE
Claims by some scientists that long term exposure to electromagnetic
field may be the cause of childhood leukemia & other forms of cancer.
Complete answers to any of these and related questions are not currently
available. At the present time the most common practice is to avoid
excess exposure over long period of time. "Prudent Avoidance" as
stated by the Environmental Protection Agency(EPA) USA is recommended.