General Pin Type Digital Moisture Meter (MMD3E) Audible Alert
General Tools Pin-Type Digital Moisture Meter with Audible Alert and 3 Ranges.
Great pocket size tool for measuring the moisture content of wood and building materials;
detecting moisture below carpeting and sub-flooring; selecting dry lumber.
- Includes separate moisture-resistance curves for wood and building
- 99.9 count green backlit LCD w/0.3 in. high digits
- Data hold button
- Hold icon (illuminates while a reading is being held)
- Replaceable stainless steel probes
- Low battery indicator
- Battery test button
- Measures: Wood, drywall, cement, paper, wallpaper
- Pocket sized, lightweight unit
- 3-minute Auto Power Off
- Snap-on protective cap doubles as calibration checker.
- The instrument measuring pins are small and sharp which means
measurements can be taken at the surface with virtually no mark left behind
- Measurement range: 5 to 50% for wood; 1.5 to 33% for building
- Resolution: 0.1%
- Accuracy: within 98% of reading
- Operating Temperature: 32° F to 122° F
NOTE most batteries are not rated for below -4° F or above 125° F
- Operating Humidity: less than 90% RH
- Dimensions 5.7 x 2.4 x 1.1 inches (145 x 62 x 27mm)
- Power: (1) 9v alkaline or equivalent
- Protective cap
- Instruction manual
- Two replacement 9mm (0.35 in.) long test pins - General Part No. PIN3DE
- 1 year limited manufacturer's warranty
- When the icon appears at the upper left of the LCD, it’s time to replace the “9V”
battery that powers the 8 instrument (although measurements will remain valid for several hours after the icon first appears). To replace the
battery, follow the instructions on page 4 of the instruction manual.
- Do not operate the MMD3E in the presence of flammable or explosive gases.
- Be careful not to stab yourself with the extremely sharp test pins.
- Replace the pin cap and black rubber protection sleeves after making measurements for safety
reasons and to avoid bending or dulling the pins.
- After subjecting the meter to a large change in ambient temperature, wait at least 30 minutes
before making measurements to guarantee the accuracy of readings.
- Remove the battery when storing the unit or when you do not expect to use it for an
extended period of time (months rather than weeks).
Search Category: Hardware > Tools
What our customers say...
I recently discovered some moisture problems in my finished basement. With no way to tell how bad things were I purchased this moisture meter. It helped me find where the water was coming from and saved me at least several hundred dollars by not having a repairman spend time looking for the water source. Now I can tell the contractor where to begin work.
Very good moisture meter for the price. As a home inspector, I am finding it accurate and easy to use. The digital display is easy to read. Pocket sized & light. My only recommendation would be if the display could have a light in it for working in dark spaces. Thanks for your prompt delivery as well.