Mercury in Water Test Strips 50 to 1000 ppb (480048) 50 Tests
This item is No Longer Available
No Longer Available
Special Order Item. Full cases of 12 only.
Allow 14 to 21 days for delivery.
Boris' Mercury Check™ (Hg - Free Dissolved)
- Alternative to wet chemical copper tests for several reasons
- No hazardous chemicals to mix
- MSDS is not required
- Quick results are obtained in less than 1 minute
- No identified interferences
- The test is very convenient to run: dip test strip into sample for 30
seconds with constant back and forth motion, remove, and match color after 2
minutes to quantify the Mercury level in the sample.
- Sensitivity: <50, 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000 ppb (µg/L)
- Total test time: 3 minutes
- 50 tests per bottle
Mercury is released to surface waters from rocks and soils and from industrial activities and wastewater treatment facilities. An indirect but significant source is the deposition of mercury emissions from power plants in rain to water surfaces and to soils. When mercury enters water, biological processes transform it to methyl mercury, which is highly toxic and builds up in fish and animals that eat fish. For this reason, EPA sets a maximum contaminant level for mercury in drinking water and works with the states to issue consumption advisories. These advisories may be directed at the general population or at sensitive groups such as pregnant women, nursing mothers, and their children.
Search Category: Home & Garden > Water Test Kits