(3) Long Term Radon Test Kits (3-12 month test period) - LAB FEES INCLUDED - Easy to use! Kit includes serial number labels, pre-paid mailer, 3 test units and easy to follow instructions.
According to the EPA, a long-term test is the best way to determine your exposure to Radon during different seasons and living conditions in your home. Closed house conditions are not necessary during a long term test. Leave the test device exposed for 3 to 12 months under normal living conditions.
Protect your family from the #2 cause of LUNG CANCER.
Our long term detector is a diffusion-based track detector originally
designed in 1986. The current improved design filters out dust and radon progeny
through a structural filter that is an integral part of the housing, resulting
in increased sturdiness. The housing is injection molded from electrically
conducting plastic in order to minimize electrical charge effects from the
positively charged radon progeny generated inside the detector. The
hemispherical base is designed to maximize sensitivity and create a more uniform
track distribution for better counting statistics.
The track detector foil inside the housing is from dosimetry-grade CR-39 cast by
American Techniplastics. The sheets of CR-39 are laser cut and engraved with a
unique batch number. Each batch is calibrated and receives its own calibration
factor. All sheets are also checked for background tracks.
Each detector is given a unique bar coded number and sealed inside a radon-tight
pouch. The unique REM Nu-Clear pouch is transparent, which prevents any labeling
errors from occurring.
This kind of system was found superior to chemically etched alpha track radon
detectors in an article comparing radon detection methods by John Matuszek of
the New York State Department of Health (J.M. Matuszek, et al., "Standardization
of Radon Measurements", Environmental International, December 1988).
All detector foils are counted using a computer-aided image analysis system. The
automated equipment is quite reproducible; rereads of the same group of foils
have a mean within 2% of the original mean and coefficient of variation of 5%.
Large numbers of tracks can be counted, up to 10,000 tracks per foil, thus
improving range and precision. The detector has an uncertainty of only 12% with
a three-month 4 pCi/l exposure. The lower limit of detection is 0.8 pCi/1-month.
- Rugged structural filter for both indoor and outdoor use
- Twin removable serial labels, human and bar code readable
- Electrochemical etching for better track resolution
- Clear direct read pouch reduces serial errors
- Large foil area counted for better statistics (over 40 square mm)
- Hemispherical housing base for better track distribution
- Electrically conducting housing reduces charge effects and clustering
Easy to use! Protect your family from the #2 cause of LUNG CANCER. Lab
results are available online 12 - 14 days of receiving them back in our lab -
click here for results.
- (3) Alpha Track test units
- (1) instruction/info sheet per order
- (1) pre-addressed envelope per order (First Class postage pre-paid)
- Online results available with unit serial numbers
Learn more about
Radon (New window will open and take you to our Radon Information site)
Results within 2-3 weeks. EPA CERTIFIED!
NJ state fees already included in price