3M™ Sponge-Stick with 10 ml Letheen Broth SSL10LET, 25 Pack
Stick-mounted sponge design allows the ability to access hard to reach areas without directly handling the sponge. Stick-mounted sponge design provides the ability to easily snap off the sponge from the handle after swabbing. Simplified packaging including Sponge-Stick & sample bag minimizes handling and preparation and reduces waste.
- Dimensions (LxW): 3" x 1.5".
- Volume: 10 ml.
- Capacity: 30 ounces.
- Storage Temperature: 35.6 to 46.4° F (2 to 8° C).
- 3M id: 70200753567.
- UPC Code:
- Full case: 50707387576429.
- Inner bag: 30707387576425.
- 3M Catalog #: SSL10LET.
- 3M Stock#: 7100010357.
- Previous 3M Stock #: 70200753567.
- Biocide-free sponge does not affect organism viability and is mounted at one end of a stick and pre-hydrated with a Letheen Broth diluent for collecting samples.
The 3M™ Sponge-Stick allows a worker to collect samples without touching the inside of the bag, helping to maintain sample integrity. The stick also helps access hard-to-reach areas and to collect the sample without directly handling the sponge, making it ideal for reaching into drains, pipes, and around equipment.
The stick also features a thumb-stop to help negate contact with the sponge. Once placed inside the collection bag, the sponge snaps free from the handle to allow for easy handling and transportation. The pre-moistened sponge is durable and biocide-free and does not affect organism viability. Its cellulose material is absorbent and will effectively hold and release the sample without excess dripping. The 3M™ Sponge-Stick also comes with a 3M™ Sample Bag that will accommodate 30 ounces (0.89 L) capacity to hold the sponge for safe, convenient transportation to the lab. They are decontaminated through gamma irradiation for long shelf life.
This product is made in the USA with globally sourced materials
and is ISO 9001:2008 certified for quality assurance. It is intended for lab use
only. The Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) approach is the most
widely accepted food safety management protocol worldwide. Sample collection
products from 3M are a crucial part of this approach to identify potential
food-borne hazards and pinpoint where they reside. Portability, stable
enrichment media, and easy-to-handle swabs and sponges are designed to test for
a wide variety of potential hazards and deliver exceptionally accurate results.
They are engineered to safely gather, hold, and secure contents from the
collection site to the lab without leaking or compromising the sample. The
primary use of Letheen Broth is to neutralize the bactericidal action of
quaternary ammonium compounds, and for determining the phenol co-efficient of
cationic surfactants per the recommendation by the Official Methods of Analysis
of the Association of Official Analytical Chemists (AOAC). Letheen Broth is also
used in hygiene swabbing practices where neutralizing quaternary ammonium
compounds are required.
- Sample Without Directly Handling the Sponge: Allows sampling without needing to directly handle the sponge, increasing operator efficiency with less risk of contamination.
- Wide Red Pull-Tabs: Make it easy to open bags; sturdy wire ties keep sample bags closed during transportation.
- Dual Lamination: Two laminate layers mean these polyethylene/polyester bags are twice as strong at preventing punctures when blending or transporting to the lab.
- Large Write-On Area: More white space to write sample identification information.
- Blue Top and Handle: Tear-away top and handle are blue; visible if dropped into production equipment or product.
- Biocide-Free Cellulose Sponge: Specified in the FDA and USDA environmental sampling guidelines.
- Simplified packaging to minimize handling and preparation, and reduces waste.
Recommended Industries: Beverage & Bottled Water, Dairy, Food Services & Catering, Fruits
& Vegetables, Meat, Pet Food & Animal Feed, Poultry & Eggs, Prepared &
Processed Foods, Seafood, Water Testing.