SpotOn SC-2 Sprayer Calibrator, measures up to 2.25 Gallons Per Minute
Provides quick and accurate flow rate checking of individual sprayer nozzles. This model is best for flow rates below 2.25 GPM, which is typical for herbicide and insecticide applications. Automatically calculates and displays tip flow rate in GPM, LPM, Ounces per Minute, tip wear in %, and application rate in GPA/LPH (just enter your speed and nozzle spacing). Provides readings in about 10 seconds per tip.
The SC-2 is suitable to measure flow rates of up to 2.25 gallons per minute, up from its predecessor's 1-gallon-per-minute capacity with increased accuracy to +/-2 percent. Additionally, it now calculates tip wear in percentage and application rate in GPA/LPH and provides reliable readings quickly without the need for manual calculations or downloading of an application (app). Once the user has entered speed and nozzle spacing, the unit will automatically calculate:
- Tip flow rate in gallons per minute, liters per minute, and ounces per minute
- Tip wear in percentage
- Application rate in gallons per acre and liters per hectare
- Range & Units: 0.02 – 2.25 GPM, 0.08 – 8.52 LPM, 3 – 288 oz/min (GPM in US Gallons).
- Accuracy: +/-2% or 1 Digit. Resolution: 0.01 GPM, 0.01 L/min, 1 oz/min.
- Fluid Compatibility: Water & Water Based Solutions Only.
- Battery: CR2032 Included (3 Year Battery Life).
- Size: 3" (7.6 cm) Diameter x 8.75" (22 cm) Tall.
- Weight: 0.6lbs (272 g).
A sprayer's optimal performance, consistency and accuracy rely on precise calibration. Without it, over- or under-application of chemicals can occur. This is a costly mistake that can lead to damaged crops. Identifying worn spray nozzle tips will improve spraying efficiency, leveraging a sprayer's performance. The SC-2 is a one-of-a-kind tool that provides accurate readings in 10 seconds per tip. With this data, users can make any necessary adjustments. Industry guidelines recommend tip replacement once the flow rate exceeds that of the new tip by 10 percent. Additionally, accurately measuring true tip flow rate is now a prerequisite as today's high-tech sprayers can only be properly calibrated and confirmed with this knowledge.