Talentum Spark Detector (16580) Zinc Alloy Housing
Extremely high sensitivity to flames and sparks
The Talentum® Spark is a specialist detector designed for industrial applications to protect enclosed, dark areas where visible light is not present.
This detector has a high sensitivity to flame, sparks, and embers and has a very fast response time. The detector has one infra-red (IR) sensor, which is selective to low frequency modulated infra-red (IR) radiation such as that emitted from flames and sparks.
Many different sources can cause sparks:
- Blunt tooling
- Hot bearings
- Hot surfaces
If these sparks are picked up by the pneumatic ducts and transported to silos, it can lead to a catastrophic disaster. In a confined environment, such
as ducts or silos, combustion can lead to an explosion due to the building pressure of rapid combustion in enclosed environments.
By using a specialized IR sensor, the Talentum® Spark can respond to 1.0 to 3.0?m light emitted by sparks and prevent them from reaching silos of materials where an explosion could then occur.
Spark detection is a proactive measure of explosion prevention, leading to decreased downtime for your factory.
- Operates at temperatures of up to 55°C
- Die-cast zinc alloy housing
- High sensitivity to embers or sparks
- Very fast response time
- Detects through layers of dust or dense material flow
- Ideal for use on extraction ducts or machinery protection
- Suitable for enclosed and dark areas
- Intrinsically safe option for hazardous areas
- Dust collectors
- Storage silos
- Conveyor/bucket elevators
- Rotary filters
- Food processors
- Pneumatic ducts