TruTest 801 Detector Sensitivity Tester (TT801) Head & Processor
TruTest 801 Detector Sensitivity Tester
TruTest enables fire alarm technicians to measure the sensitivity of
installed smoke detectors quickly, accurately, easily, and professionally. A
revolutionary product, TruTest not only introduces a smoke test aerosol through
the vents of the installed detector to the sensing chamber, but operates using a
precision closed loop system – measuring smoke obscuration and feeding back
information to a controlling microprocessor.
- UL Listed.
- Reduces false alarms – a huge problem in the industry.
- Battery operated and very portable.
- Easy to use.
- Suits most detectors – both ionization and photoelectric.
- Calibrated and results in % / foot.
- Automatically self-calibrates before each test.
- Measures actual detector sensitivity.
- Test detectors in place (no need to remove detector).
Smoke 400 Aerosol Sensitivity Tester with this unit.
WHY TEST DETECTOR FUNCTION AND SENSITIVITY?
Detector sensitivity can, and does, drift. Over-sensitivity leads to false
alarms, under-sensitivity to late alarms - or no alarms. The need for functional
testing through introducing a smoke type stimulus is well recognized:
- “The detectors shall be tested in place to ensure smoke entry into the
sensing chamber and an alarm response. Testing with smoke or listed
aerosol...shall be permitted as acceptable test methods...” USA NFPA 72 2000
Table 10.4.2.2 13.g.1.
- “Each smoke detector shall be tested for operation by introducing smoke
or simulated smoke into the detecting chamber...” CAN/ULC - S-536-04,
- “....each detector shall be tested to confirm that it is within its
rated operating range...” CAN/ULC - S536-04, 126.96.36.199.3.
Search Category: Hardware > Tools