Disposable Passive Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detector Badges are an effective way to indicate to employees, customers, vendors, friends and family that dangerous carbon monoxide may be present in the area. Anyone who works or lives in an environment where propane, gasoline, oil, wood, coal and natural gases are used should have these detectors located in visible areas.
The detectors, which have an adhesive strip on the back, can be placed on dashboard, inside of garages, basements, kitchens, vehicles and near portable electric generators. The detectors can be used at home, in the office, workshop or mill, in schools, hospitals, churches and while traveling.
Employees of mines, power plants, factories,
warehouses, loading docks, airlines, shipping lines, HVAC and plumbing
companies, etc. should wear the Carbon Monoxide Detector Badges on their shirts
or uniforms. Our Carbon Monoxide Detector Badge Clamps make wearing them on
clothing a snap. Employees who work in vehicles, such as cars, forklifts, planes
and boats should place the Detector Badges on their instrument panels for easy
to view monitoring.
Because of the engine noise inside of plane and boat cockpits, a detector badge mounted on the instrument panel may be the only effective way to detect CO gas as an audible alarm may not be able to be heard. Also, if you plan to use a gasoline powered generator during power outages caused by hurricanes, snow storms, etc., be sure to have several detector badges located around your home or building to have a visible indicator of CO gas in the area.
With Custom Imprinting, the Carbon Monoxide Detector Badge becomes a valuable promotional item that will keep your company's name in front of your customers, associates, vendors, subscribers, visitors, etc.
This Carbon Monoxide (CO) detector (made of non-toxic materials) has a convenient adhesive strip on the back, and mounts* almost anywhere. It can detect as little as 100ppm (parts per million) of Carbon Monoxide (CO) gas at approximate relative humidity ranges between 33 and 50%. If the humidity is very high it can detect concentrations as low as 20ppm.
The presence of CO will change the 'impregnated silica' color change from red to red/brown and then to gray/black as the concentration levels increase. Once the detector is exposed to fresh air it will return back to red.
Shelf life of an unopened CO Badge is approximately 2 to 3 years (expiration dates are printed on back of detector badge); once opened it should be replaced approximately every 90 days.
The detector will be inactivated and damaged by the presence of halogens (iodine, chlorine, bromine), and ammoniac or nitrous gases. Persons with cats may not be able to use the detector due to the presence of ammonia in the air from the cat litter box. Also, the detector is not an appropriate device for detecting CO gas in connection with diesel engines.
Click here to open the latest laboratory test certification (pdf file)
* to mount on a dashboard or other surface that could be prone to vibration, it is recommended to use Velcro (not supplied) or similar type product to attach with.
Each year, thousands of people die or are seriously injured from exposure to carbon monoxide gas. Low levels of exposure can cause symptoms which mimic the flu or other viruses. High levels of exposure can kill in minutes. Fortunately, there is a simple and inexpensive method for detecting this silent and invisible killer. The heads up! Carbon Monoxide Detector has an easy-to-see, visual indicator which warns of the presence of CO gas. The circle on the indicator will turn gray or black, depending on the concentration of CO. It will return to normal when exposed to fresh air again.We can custom print these Carbon Monoxide Detectors in quantities over 1000 more info