Metal Detector Walk-Through Scanner (CS5000) Infrared
This item is No Longer Available
No Longer Available
With enhanced microprocessor-based technology, the CS 5000 provides improved
detection performance and increased operating flexibility. It offers many of the
same features found on our advanced walk-through units and can be used in
virtually any security checkpoint application. The CS 5000 is an affordable unit
for the budget-conscious.
Overhead Control Unit: LCD Display, alarm lights, LED bar graphs and
control touchpads plus all wiring, connections and electronics are integrated
into a single lockable overhead compartment which eliminates exposure of wires
and external control box.
Microprocessor Controlled: State of the art microprocessors ensure
maximum sensitivity and flexible programming.
Detection Field: Unique coil design offers multidimensional detection
field with total uniformity both horizontally and vertically. This design, plus
a choice of three levels of ankle level boost, eliminates traditional hot spots
and weak signals. Target detection is precise regardless of its location in the
Audible and Visual Alarms: Audible alarm and red LED Alarm Lights
indicate metal has been detected. The Red LED alarms light appears even when the
audible alarm has been turned OFF. Green READY LIGHT indicates the unit has full
power and is ready for operation.
Access Control panel will be used only by supervisory management personnel. It
permits changing the Program and Sensitivity codes and also is used to control
such functions as synchronization of multiple units, pulse frequency and tone.
The unit further secures control settings by maintaining a non re-settable
sequence code that indicates any attempt at seeking access to the settings. A
tamper alarm sounds within 10 seconds after the Access touchpad is pressed
unless the proper access code is entered.
- Operating Temperatures: -4°F (-20°C) to + 158°F (70°C); Humidity to 95%
- Power: Fully automatic 100 to 240 VAC, 50 or 60 Hertz, 5 watts; no
rewiring, switching or adjustments required. Power supply meets UL, CSA, TUV
and VDE standards.
- Weatherproofing / Foreign Object Protection Standards: Meets IP 31, IEC
Standard. "Degrees of Protection provided by Enclosures," CEI 529.
- Tamper-Proof: Dual-level access codes required to set or change all
sensitivity settings and detection programs; one level for use by
supervisors in selecting programs and sensitivity and the other for initial
set-up and overall control; non re-settable sequence code logs all attempts
to access the settings. Audible alarm reports any unauthorized attempt at
- Construction: Attractive scratch and mar-resistant laminate with
resilient end caps; control panel and cross members of heavy duty aluminum.
- Control Outputs: Solid state switches (low voltage AC or DC) for
operating external alarms and control devices.
- Traffic Counter: built-in and re-settable with current reading easily
available on LCD panel
- Synchronization: Multiple channels permit several CS 5000s and other
Garrett detectors to operate simultaneously in close proximity
- Interference Suppression: 100% sensor coil Faraday shielding; special
Garrett built-in circuitry for noise suppression and ignoring x-ray
monitors. Physical interference minimized by coil design and circuitry
- Green Ready light indicates unit is operational
- Red alarm lights and audible alarm is activated when the target
amount of metal is detected.
- Infrared Sensor: Improves analysis of detection signal; increases
throughput; helps eliminate "false alarms" also provides accurate traffic
- Masking: Programs designed to eliminate the problem of dissimilar
targets canceling each other
- Warranty: Limited 24 months, parts and labor
||30" (0.76 m)
||35" (0.9 m)
||33.5" (0.851 m)
||80" (2 m)
||87" (2.2 m)
||91.5" (2.324 m)
||23" (0.58 m)
||23" (0.58 m)
||6.25" (0.159 m)
Download PDF version of
Brochure & Specifications (approx 350k)