Bacteria Coliform & E. Coli, Nitrate & Nitrite in Water Test Kit (P77700)
This item is No Longer Available
No Longer Available
BACTERIA, NITRATE, NITRITE test kits is
laboratory certified to accurately detect the presence of coliform bacteria,
including E. coli. PurTest® has been used by health departments,
utilities and inspectors.
Water experts recommend testing home water at
- Once a year for municipal water users
- Twice a year for well water users
- Four times a year for those with low
immunities (such as HIV patients), or for anyone on chemotherapy
- Whenever you suspect a problem or a problem
is reported in your area
The cleanest, best tasting water may contain
undetected contaminants. Water contaminated with harmful bacteria, nitrates or
nitrites can cause diarrhea, cramps, nausea, headache, serious illness, even
PurTest® NITRATE & NITRITE instantly detect potentially harmful
levels of these pollutants, which for infants may cause a sometimes fatal "blue
- Add water
- Let stand for 48 hours
- Check results:
- Solution is Purple: No coliform bacteria
- Solution is Yellow: Coliform bacteria is
present. Corrective action is recommended.
- Dip strip in water sample to be tested.
- Let stand for 60 seconds
- Check results. A color match or shade
lighter (negative) indicates nitrate and nitrite levels are within EPA
standards. A darker shade (positive) indicates a dangerous pollution level.