Iron, Hardness, pH, Nitrate, Nitrite, Chlorine (P77702)
This item is No Longer Available
No Longer Available
Each kit contains 2 of each test; 16 test in all, and a water analysis results sheet.
- IRON can stain plumbing fixtures and laundry, even form sludge deposits.
- HARD WATER (mineral deposit buildup) damages water heaters and plumbing and wastes soap, detergents and shampoo. Parallels between hard water and kidney stones have prompted the CDC to request more studies.
- CHLORINE kills most bacteria, but not cryptosporidium cysts, and chlorine has been linked to cancer. Objectionable odor and taste discourage people from drinking the quantity of daily water they need.
- COPPER above 1.3ppm can poison red blood cells, causing jaundice, pancreatitis and hemolytic anemia.
- NITRATES can indicate pollution by fertilizer or waste.
- NITRITES can also indicate fertilizer and waste pollution. For infants, even low concentrations of nitrates or nitrites can cause cyanosis (blood poisoning) which can be fatal, commonly called "blue baby syndrome".
- pH - Acidity can cause corrosion (blue-green copper stains) and lead to costly plumbing damageif levels are too high, may create objectionable taste in the water. It can also cause dry skin conditions.